Delaware's escheator and MoneyGram Payment Systems Inc. have asked a Pennsylvania district court judge to dismiss a lawsuit seeking to recover $10.3 million in unclaimed checks for lack of jurisdiction, arguing that only the U.S. Supreme Court has the authority to hear a case the defendants cast as a controversy between two states.
- Superior Court Denies Mistrial for Man Convicted of DUI
- Bipartisan Bill Takes Aim at Reforming Civil Forfeitures
- Elliott Greenleaf Attorney Made NACD Governance Fellow
- Bayard Lawyer Speaks At ABA IP Conference
- DSBA Presents Future Lawyers With Alford Award Scholarship
- Halliburton and Baker Hughes Abandon Merger
- Szayna v. Delaware Ass'n of Prof'l Eng'rs, DeFAX Case No. D67189 (Del. Super. March 21, 2016) Rocanelli, J. (10 pages).
- Moffitt-Ali v. State Farm Mut. Auto. Ins. Co., DeFAX Case No. D67191 (Del. Super. March 31, 2016) Carpenter, J. (11 pages).
- McGinnis Commercial Real Estate Co. v. Jankes, DeFAX Case No. D67188 (C.P. Kent March 29, 2016) Rennie, J. (8 pages).
- Golf Course Assocs. LLC v. New Castle County, DeFAX Case No. D67190 (Del. Super. March 28, 2016) Parkins, J. (53 pages).